Ministry of Assistance
I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
The Ministry of Assistance at Holy Martyrs responds to those individuals who find themselves in need: parishioners as well as others in Medina County who qualify for assistance. The purpose of the Ministry of Assistance is to fulfill the two great Commandments: love of God and love of neighbor. It seeks out God’s needy, both materially and spiritually, and helps where assistance is possible. No need is too great or too small. Sometimes great resources are needed and the Ministry of Assistance usually is able to respond; other times, the group provides comfort and support by merely listening. The following are some of examples of how this ministry reaches out to others:
- Food distribution to those in need
- Financial assistance
- School supply drive to assist children whose families are unable to provide such items
- Give-a-Gift for Christmas: Coordinates gifts donated by parishioners that will be given to individuals and families in need.
Chairpersons: Ted Lesiak and Tom Donovan
Staff Liaison: Janet Payton, 330.722.6633
Every Tuesday from 9:30 am until 11:30 am by appointment only.
Call 330.635.4989 to set up an appointment.
- Receive food once a month if a resident of Medina County
- Complete form and qualify for federal and state funded food program
- Complete letter of proxy if not picking up your own food