Small Groups began as a ministry at Holy Martyrs in Fall, 2016 to intentionally make our large church small and personal. The purpose is to further develop our relationships with God and with those in our Holy Martyrs community. Gatherings are held every day of the week, some in homes and others at HM. Groups meet for 90 minutes and review the Sunday Gospel, then watch and discuss a message relevant to members’ daily lives. Members are encouraged to attend the weekly gatherings and to pray for one another. Typically, there are 5-10 members in each group.
CONNECT Small Groups are currently offered for: Mixed Adults, Married Couples, Women, Men, and Parents of Young Children (kids play while their parents meet). As our ministry grows, more specific groups may be added (e.g. Young Adults, Parents of Teens, Singles).
Joining a CONNECT Small Group is a perfect follow-up to Discovering Christ, as well as a great entry point for adults seeking to grow spiritually and connect with other parishioners. One of the Core Values of Small Groups is to be welcoming of new participants. Please take that next step and join a Small Group.
2019 WINTER SESSION
Registration is going on now for the next session of “Connect: Small Group Experience”. Groups will begin meeting the week of January 20, so sign up now! CLICK HERE to sign up.
- “Bible Timeline” – A journey through the Bible. Dive into each period of salvation history and discover the amazing story woven throughout all of Scripture. See the remarkable story of our faith revealed in the Bible.
- “Beloved” – Want to grow closer to your spouse? Understand your spouse better? Spend more quality time together? Why not set a “date night” every week?
- “Amazed and Afraid” – A book study with six sessions, each session featuring a scene about Jesus and his followers. Reflect more deeply about your relationship with Jesus.
- NOOMA short film clips. Spiritual reflections based on individual life experiences centered on real-life situations from a Christian perspective.
- “The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity: How the Modern Culture Is Robbing Billions of People of Happiness” – Do you believe it’s possible to be happier than you have ever been before? Not for fleeting moments, but consistently?
- “Living the Integrated Christian Life” – Studying several tracts and homilies with discussion of the “Armor of God” from Ephesians 6. Current participants – please update your registration. (NOTE – this group is at capacity but please register and the facilitator will contact you if /when space becomes available.)
- “Living the Integrated Christian Life” – Using various texts and video clips, the group will focus on helping group members form a faith formation plan to become better disciples. Current participants – please update your registration. (NOTE – this group is at capacity but please register and the facilitator will contact you if /when space becomes available.)
CLICK HERE to register for any of the above groups and to see more detail on topics, days of the week and times.
REFLECTIONS FROM SMALL GROUPS PARTICIPANTS
“My prayer life is growing. I am learning much about the Word of God and growing closer to Him. And friendships! We’ve met wonderful people in our small groups.”
“There are so many fruits, it’s hard to enumerate them all! Here are some: new friends, talking about something important, learning new angles to look at things, relief from stress, special Eucharistic moment, and very valuable sharing about difficult times.”
“Our Small Group discussions of the Sunday Gospel were very helpful in illuminating Scripture as we discussed different aspects and the words that Jesus spoke.”
“Praying together was extremely valuable! It is an area in which I’m continuing to grow, and it helped to pray different ways, as well as to learn from experienced prayer warriors. Prayer is powerful!”
For more information about Holy Martyrs CONNECT: small group experience, please contact us at 330-722-6633.